8 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)

Signing up to Weekend Operations

A reminder please chaps:

All 3CB members are expected to sign-up to the official weekend operation, stating their attendance or absence, 24 hours prior to the event. This is to 1) check the event has enough numbers to proceed, 2) allow the Troop Commanders to plan, 3) save time through everyone knowing their role and fire-team in advance.

For this Sunday 10th Nov, at the time of posting we have 11 attendees, and no apologies for absence. There are 31 slots to fill up. If you don't sign-up before Saturday evening, there is a high risk that this Operation will be cancelled, so don't rely on turning up on the night.

Unit strength is almost 60! Come on guys, get posting, get excited! :D

http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1396

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:11 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
I think, yes please, as we don't always know who has it and who doesn't.
If enough people say they don't have ArmA2 and no one signs up for A2 missions we'll know that it's time to stop hosting them, and move completely to 3.
Without the feedback it's hard to tell if people are just too lazy, don't read the forums, don't like coops, or what the reason is.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:30 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Cupcake wrote:
Apollo wrote:
I think, yes please, as we don't always know who has it and who doesn't.

*You guys should know it by the recruitment already.

I vaguely remember you wanting to be one of the Recruitment Managers - why don't you go through the applications for me and take notes of who's got Arma 2 and who hasn't? That's productive.

Cupcake wrote:
Apollo wrote:
If enough people say they don't have ArmA2 and no one signs up for A2 missions we'll know that it's time to stop hosting them, and move completely to 3.

Have fun cutting the clan to half *cough*

Then help encourage people to sign up.

Cupcake wrote:
Saturday night = perfect
Not f**k sunday

The majority are fine with Sundays. I don't particularly mind which day it is, but most people are busy Saturday nights (it's the weekend right?). Most people aren't busy on Sunday nights, meaning more people can play. But hey if Saturdays are perfect for you then they're perfect for everyone.

We can alternate between Saturday and Sunday if more people want this, but for now it stays as Sunday.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:31 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
Not hosting ArmA 2?

This is madness!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Cup, whoah hang on mate. No one is suggesting we never play Arma 2 we all love Arma 2 - (Or that you get a Ban, from a personal point of view I need you in the Troop mate, you're an experienced player who can run a tight Fireteam! Check the Unit Structure !)

Some people don't have A2 - so there is that consideration to make.

Using AiA (a piece of Piss to setup by the way) 90% of the maps can be ported to ARMA3 along with the units vehicles etc, so a lot of the arguments for playing in the A2 engine are moot - if anyone has worries over this or needs proof, happy to show them :)

More to the point, regardless of where we've "come from" most of the Clan playing now have joined since we moved to A3 and as such that is the future, like it or not guys - we can either embrace it, get our computers to run it properly or make the decision to sulk and sling overly aggressive threads about :) If you can get out there are get all the players who joined during A2 and get them to come back then Brilliant job. I've tried and failed.

The decision to move to Sunday nights was well thought out - I can't speak for others, but genuinely I could make almost NONE of them, 'cos I have a wife, family and friends who expect me to take them out and get rat-arsed with them Saturdays. Sunday I can do.

From my perspective if you still want to run Sat night ops, and indeed focus on A2 - then KUDOS to you, get out there. Find some missions and I can bet you $100 that Apollo/Jamie/Cat will help you get it up and tested on the Dedi and you can host and organise a Sat night Op ?

If not..... well you knew the response your post would get Surely :) I think you like to generate a little bit of argie bargie. :-)

SJ

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
MyCatSaid wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously, everyone calm down, this is nothing to go crazy and aggressive about, it all can be managed and talked over. Seriously, last weekend we had an OP on Arma 2 and an OP of Arma 3, so why complain now? As long as people host missions on those days it is completly fine, the attendence might be not always as high as we had back then but ,we are still a group that always get things done somehow. So Love Peace and Happiness everyone. NO HOMO!

So grap you nipples tightly and everything will be fine again ;)

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Niko wrote:
So grap you nipples tightly and everything will be fine again ;)

Couldn't have put it better myself :lol:

Ok we'll leave it at that, I feel a lot of valid points have been made.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

+ New Topic + Post Reply