9 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:05 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)

Missions required!

Does anyone have an Arma 2 Coop mission finished that we can play next weekend (Sunday 10th Nov)?
If not, we'll probably replay "Operation Suitcase, Part 2 - Reinforcements from Elektrozadovsk".

The intention is to cycle weekend Op's between Arma 2 and 3 but as we've said before, we need a steady stream of missions coming in that we can prepare and play test.

I know Ivano is working on something grand, Benzy is talking about I44, SkinnyM is learning the editor, Spirit might be able to conjure something with MCC - anyone else? SerJames, what's the status with your mission? MrSir/Stooge, anything new coming from across the pond?

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I'm working on two elements.

Getting new maps into A3 so we're not constantly fighting on ALTIS (there are some fab maps out there we should look more closely at) see my post on All in Arma

Secondly I'm trying to create a simple but robust ai structure that can be applied to any Spawned unit in any situation to make it much easier to realise some of the great ideas our team come up with. So not heavily "scripted/storylined" missions but good fun challenging combat situtions with a dynamic Ai that plays more like a Human player.

To date I'm working with ASRai. TPWCAS/TPWLOS and UPSMON. these three elements fill in the ai gap that the standard model defines into one %... would you believe.

You can imagine the flexibility this offers as a simple model.

This way designers can simply say

Scenario - back story

Blufor units and configuration

Map/theatre of war and location

opfor units and basic objective.

We can then VERY easily put together an effective mission/engagement where the focus is on Action and realistic tactics and strategy needed to combat an effective foe.

Mission constuction can be massivly simplified when we combine this with Jamie and Cat's excellet "3CB" Scripts, like squad setup, Vas Profiles, Revive etc etc.

Timewise it takes a lot of testing to get these scripts to gel well - certainly so far. So no immediate promises but I will be needing some play testers soon to help scope out maps etc.

SJ

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
I should be around Saturday Howl, so can help you get your mission loaded up to the private server for testing with Benzy.
Great to hear there are more missions coming in due course.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Good news.

Skinny and I manmaged to get the Ai model working well yesterday.

It's 90% there and ready for mini mission builders or those people who just want to plop down some units and get them to do something realistic. i.e. patrol this village, attach this base, Fortify this town etc etc.

It's incredibly dynamic, and real to life and had both of us 'ooing' and 'ahhing' watching the Ai go about their business in a lifelike way.

Jamie, Cat, Apollo, Benzy etc etc - can we get some time with you tonight to show you as I'd like to add this to the Mission Files so we can start to create a modular kit that is easy for editiors to use and implement ?

SJ

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:48 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
I'm be on about 6ish.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:05 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Ivano,

I'll be online today (Friday), then late Saturday (after 10.30pm) and can set you up on the private for testing. Goodson/Cat can also upload files for you.

BTC_Revive works on multiplayer only (edited to correct).
Download the latest version 0.95, compatible with Arma3 1.04.

Add the =BTC=_revive folder to your mission files.

In INIT.SQF add:
call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

In DESCRIPTION.EXT add the following lines:
Respawn = BASE;
RespawnDelay = 120;     // time in seconds
#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

Change the relevant parameter lines in =BTC=_revive_init.sqf to match what you want. Here's what I used for Urban-Locker (respawn on, 3 lives, 1st person unconscious camera, 300s bleed out, no mobile respawn).

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BTC_r_new_system = 1;                  // WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;             // If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action = 0;                           // [NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa = 1;                         // 0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_r_cpr_time = 60;                     // Time (s) taken to perform CPR
BTC_r_trans_ratio = 100;                // Time (s) taken to perform a transfusion
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;               // Minimum time (s) before injured player can be revived
BTC_revive_time_max = 300;          // Time (s) before injured player dies
BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];
BTC_loop_check = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 0;              // 0 = respawn available; 1 = no respawn
BTC_respawn_gear = 1;                  // 0 = do not respawn with gear; 1 = respawn with gear
BTC_active_lifes = 1;                       // Limit number of revives/respawns (0 = no; 1 = yes)
BTC_lifes = 3;                                   // Maximum number of respawns available
BTC_spectating = 2;                         // 0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];           // To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_s_mode_view = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_black_screen = 0;                    // Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn = 0;                 // if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc = 0;
BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_respawn_time   = 0;                    // Time (s) until respawn after clicking the button
BTC_active_mobile = 0;                     // Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;                 // Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 0;         // Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
BTC_need_first_aid = 0;                     // You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_pvp   = 0;                                      // (disable the revive option for the enemy)
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];
BTC_3d_distance = 30;
BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;
BTC_3d_icon_color   = [1,0,0,1];
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 0;                   // 1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
BTC_objects_actions_west = [];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ    = [];
if (isServer) then
{
   BTC_vehs_mobile_west    = [];      // Editable - define mobile west
   BTC_vehs_mobile_east    = [];      // Editable - define mobile east
   BTC_vehs_mobile_guer    = [];      // Editable - define mobile independent
   BTC_vehs_mobile_civ     = [];      // Editable - define mobile civilian
};

Add a marker in the editor where you want a respawn point, name it "Respawn_West".

Edited by Goodson: Please use [*code] parameters where relevant (minus the asterisk) ;)

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Some excellent work there James, will have to talk to you about this so we can come up with some sort of '3CB Framework' for mission makers.

Ivano, if you ever need any assistance I'm sure some of our mission gurus will be able to help (Myself, Cat, Apollo, etc)

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:35 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
if (isCode) then hint "will do";

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
Apollo wrote:
if (isCode) then hint "will do";

+ New Topic + Post Reply