Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

Dslyecxi - dedication

Haha, when I first opened this up I couldn't believe the amount of content. It's gonna take us a year to through all that :P

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
to b fair he's been writting the material, which hasn't changed much between iterations for some time now.

Not belittling the effort - but it wasn't all written for A3.

J

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:56 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Dslyecxi works on VBS (the real military simulator used by the US government) for BI. I remember him confirming this as a response to a youtube comment.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
While on the subject - I've been reading the TTP2 guide and came across this:

These are custom modified NATO markers made for ShackTac. Since our fireteam structure resembles theirs (Alpha-1, Alpha-2 etc), these markers would be extremely useful. Does anyone feel like drawing up some markers similar to this that we can use (Howl - nudge, nudge :P)?

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Thanks Mike, very useful image.

Our current unit structure is as you described, however we haven't attached a Troop Support Section (yet). Perhaps as you grow this can be added ;)

Howl - a simple modification of the current infantry symbols to include fireteam numbers and callsigns (as in the above image) would be excellent.

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Very cool diagrams 8-)

Following Benzy's point and in regards to fireteams, I want to start putting more emphasis on the individuality that fireteams should have within a section. On MrSir's mission we had teams of 4 (if I remember correctly) which we treated as separate sections. This gave us more freedom to distribute teams where we wanted to them (i.e. I find having 4 teams of 4 more useful than 2 teams of 8, if that makes sense).

Although I don't want to separate the fireteams within a section, I do want to give FTL's more control over their fireteam (as opposed to all orders coming straight from the SC). For example, Alpha-1 would order Alpha-2 to engage enemies of the right while Alpha-1 engages the front. Alpha-2's FTL would then command his fireteam separately while they complete this task. This allows Alpha-1 to get on with their own task and not need to worry about commanding Alpha-2. Currently I don't think we do this enough and we treat a Section as one large Fireteam.

I hope that makes sense.

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

+ New Topic + Post Reply