Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
The configs for the Apache have already been overhauled since we lasted used them (see here), so I don't think we'll need to worry about those (although I haven't test it myself). If we want to take just the Apache from that pack (and also reskin it if possible), we'd have to speak to the author of that mod.

Foxhound - now that you mention it, in the end I did manage to speak to the modeler directly. This was the convo:

Rock wrote:
Goodson wrote:
Hi, I'm from a British-themed unit that used to use the Foxhound made by the RKSL group in Arma 2. With your permission, I would like to port this vehicle over to Arma 3.

Kind Regards,
Godoson

Sorry but no.

We are in the middle of a port and upgrade ourselves. Its been delayed because of people illegally porting it then distributing it around their gaming unit. This is causing us loads of problems as its affecting both the A2 and A3 versions because of classes. We are currently discussing legal options right now because of the impact of these "clan only" ports.

Be patient give us some time and we'll resolve these issues.

This was back in August so, as I mentioned before, nothing has been released so it might be worth contacting him again and seeing if anything has changed. I'll send a PM now.

In terms of what needs to be done in order to complete it - there were sounds missing from the weapons, and you couldn't enter any of the cargo/driver seats (so I wasn't able to drive it). Cat had a look at the config files once and found out it was to do with the vehicle referencing a humvee config (which does not exist in A3). Maybe this could be fixed by changing it to reference a hunter, for example.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Howl wrote:
That doesn't even make sense - their progress was delayed because someone took the model aside and worked on it by themselves? And then suddenly, because a third party is working on it by themselves, their "classes" are getting messed up? How on earth is isolated work within a clan going to affect the product that they are working on, completely separate of the aforementioned third party?

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. 
Yeah, my bs detector went off with that, too. I can see how people might have problem with classnames if they run their own custom port along with the official thing....but that's easy to fix.
However they sort-of do have the right to deny anybody the right to modify/port their work for whatever reason, even if that reason is weird...

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I would exert EXTREME caution trying to PORT anything from RKSL.

I.e. given the way we distribute mods is through Pw6 I wouldn't even try - honestly those guys produce paid models for BIS + other engines and corporations and is probably one of the oldest and most established Modding groups - we would NOT want to earn their wrath, through doing this behind "Clan doors" honestly - just not worth it.

Lets focus on what we have access to freely - here 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Sample_Models

Specifically this large zip file contains all the vehicle + weapon models 

http://tr4.bistudio.com/A2SM_Data_APL.zip

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Serjames wrote:
I would exert EXTREME caution trying to PORT anything from RKSL.

I.e. given the way we distribute mods is through Pw6 I wouldn't even try - honestly those guys produce paid models for BIS + other engines and corporations and is probably one of the oldest and most established Modding groups - we would NOT want to earn their wrath, through doing this behind "Clan doors" honestly - just not worth it.

Lets focus on what we have access to freely - here 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Sample_Models

Specifically this large zip file contains all the vehicle + weapon models 

http://tr4.bistudio.com/A2SM_Data_APL.zip

I think you may have misread my post James - I wasn't suggesting we do this privately or behind anyone's back (that would be immoral, for a start). Of course we'll ask for their permission first - which I've already done once, and I'm gonna have at crack at asking again (I wouldn't being asking at all if my intention was to do it behind "clan doors") ;)

That content you posted could be useful, but I'm pretty sure we already have everything British ported (as stated above - "We have Merlins, Chinooks, Wildcats, Challengers, Jackals, and now Land Rovers"). The only thing we don't have is the Apache (see above posts). Unless you were thinking of porting over other kit?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Goodson before you asking if we can do anymore modding can you hold off for a bit.  We have a lot going on in the pipeline and I feel it could start backing up soon.  The chinooks that we are fixing are taking their sweet ass time.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Good that we're asking - they take their absolute sweet time getting anything released, if at all - not sure you'll get a different answer to be honest - but it's your call to ask again :-)

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
I also feel that we have more than enough in our pipeline at the moment and don't think we should consider starting any more projects for fear of losing focus - unless Goodson you're planning on doing the work yourself?

When the Chinook is released to deltagamer, the Jackals and Landrovers are included inside @3cb_baf_vehicles, Merlin textures finished, the L85 UGL is made, Trixies scopes fixed and textures done, then would be the time to look at adding new stuff to our mod list.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Apollo wrote:
I also feel that we have more than enough in our pipeline at the moment and don't think we should consider starting any more projects for fear of losing focus - unless Goodson you're planning on doing the work yourself?

When the Chinook is released to deltagamer, the Jackals and Landrovers are included inside @3cb_baf_vehicles, Merlin textures finished, the L85 UGL is made, Trixies scopes fixed and textures done, then would be the time to look at adding new stuff to our mod list.

Sure, leave the Foxhound to me.

The Apache - leave this to me as well. I'll do some testing with it on a bi-keyed dev server and take record of any issues for when we're ready to start adding mods again.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Jamie if you wan't advice on how to sling load the Foxhound just let me know.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Will do Andy, thanks! (Hopefully we get the permission to continue working on the Foxhound).

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

+ New Topic + Post Reply