3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
6 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:10 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)

AGM?

3CB used AGM up until about 2/3(?) months ago, but it was removed (along with all other mods) as part of "the great mod-inquisition", aka our attempt to increase the stability by starting with vanilla and validating each mod we add extensively.
If I recall correctly, it wasn't added back in because we found that leaving AGM out didn't really affect the gameplay. AGM, at least back then, simply didn't change the "feel" of ArmA3 as much as ACE changed the "feel" of ArmA2.
Additionally, many of the features weren't as reliable/robust as they should be -- things just felt a bit finicky and things just broke too often (group management was horribly unreliable, spawning/gear was often messed up, etc).

AGM seems like a really cool (it's all open-source and CreativeCommons licensed!) and ambitious project that's steadily marching towards a stable "1.0" release (they are at 0.9.2 right now).
With a bit of luck the timing works out and AGM hits "1.0" at the same time as we hit the later phases of our mod-testing-system :)

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Switch wrote:
Yeah I just missed AGM and I saw a lot of new features of it from watching some 15MEU videos. I suppose I'm just bored of the vanilla/BTC revive medical system, doesn't allow for things like CASEVAC and unconsciousness.

Oh well, maybe next year!
I've played with CSE, AGM, BTC, whatever-patrol-ops-uses and obviously vanilla and CASEVAC's aren't really "viable" in any of them :( Even the systems that technically support them don't really make them "needed" or "useful"....

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
As TheGuy said we tested AGM and we also tested CSE, both had their advantages and disadvantages it was decided both due to Arma changing and these mods being updated on a regular basis and not being stable enough. i.e AGM breaking everytime it was updated.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
Back in our Arma 2 days, where we used ACE the only time we actually had to CASEVAC people was when they had broken legs and couldnt be fixed up anymore by the Medic. That was the only reason we ever evac people from AO's.
I don't think AGM or CSE support broken legs as far as I'm concernd? 

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:29 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
CSE did kind of support broken legs but it was more of troops needing a complete healing process back at base.  Which was done by the click of one button.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
Howl wrote:
Let's make a leg breaking mod.
Remember Arma 2 walking down stairs to fast or dropping off little ledges breaking your legs? Horrible memories.

+ New Topic + Post Reply