3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

In case people haven't seen this. MCC + Zeus for the win!

16 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:23 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
I've got MCC + ZEUS working with our 3CB Template Mission (standard unit structure, modded gear + Xmed etc) on Altis running on our bikey'd Private Server.

Look out for a week day Op coming soon

Someone get training on how to use both Zeus and MCC so you can be the GamesMaster. :-)

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
J2 Ninja wrote:
More than happy to be GM but seem to recall that even after spawning a entire division of troops I still couldnt kill you!

I remember that well and am still traumatised from fighting in that gully against hordes of bad guys! At the time I had no idea you were MCC'ing them in, but it was awesome fun!

A couple of people have expressed interest in being GM for a mini-Op (or maybe even a large one) - catch me online and I'll get you some time on the private server so you can 'play' with MCC and Zeus in a multi-player environment. I'm thinking we open the server to the public (using private Ops repository and bikey'd), use MCC to set-up an auto-generated mission (my template already has the players spawning with appropriate kit), then the trainee GM can add "extra's" with MCC and/or Zeus - no pressure to produce anything special as the main mission already exists.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
As mentioned above - loved the "idea" of the MCC nights - however they just seemed to get bogged down in planning, which ultimately killed the intended spontaneity of them for me.

If we do bring them back; perhaps now and again, we could keep the initial brief short. E.g. Section A must move to Town X and clear/find cache - while the mission editor's main goal is to not let them reach the town at all - whether ambush their convoy mid journey, attack the base before the group sets out, etc...Just keep everyone on their toes by throwing the odd spanner in the works. In other words - don't give people the ability to plan the mission to death. 

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Well the easy response to that is if they're taking forever to move out hit them with an attack of ei ;)

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Or you could just have the mission maker and SL join first, get the mission, make their plans, then get the rest of the squads to spawn in, like we do on Sunday.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Spirit wrote:
Hey dudes long time no talk. I have been reading the thread here a bit and it seems a bit like judging the hammer by the skills of the carpenter. Just that we used MCC during MCC nights like we did does not have to do a lot with the capabilities of the tool MCC. If you prepare huge missions, create mission by hand on the fly, start quiclky, brief long or use the mission generator has nothing to do with MCC itself. MCC is used to make mission making easy. That can be done in any way you choose yourself.

To me it sounds like: lets throw away the hammer, the carpenter was really slow.

My 2 cents :)

Not sure what to make of this...given you and shay were the carpenters during our mcc mission nights. Perhaps we should blame the wood. ;-) Anyway, I think you've misread the thread or it's intent - some of us are trying to revive the use of spontaneous mcc generated missions and are excited about the integration of Zeus. No one's knocking the power of the tool, but reflecting on why it didn't work well for us and how we can fix that.

I think the problem we had initially was that vanilla Arma was too far removed from what people were used to and we needed a modded mcc mission template sooner - 3CB unit structure and gear (acre radios, meds, Brit uniforms & weapons etc) pre-set up and ready to go would have cut out a lot of the confusion/time wasting at the start. On the public server we regularly plan and execute missions in extremely short time with random players so this is not necessarily the issue.

+ New Topic + Post Reply