Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Media Manager
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Media Man (1) Recruiter (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Training Team (1)
Kodak Commander (1) Man of the match (1) Mission Designer (2)
Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
TvT (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Combat Medic (1)
The source you given is from Wikipedia. Like any kit that is issued, it's issued on a requirement basis. If you really want me to, I can cite and source the number of Thermal Optics in armouries across the UK. I'm telling you for a fact, that in conventional warfare, that thermal optics are not issued to most personnel. The majority of operations also don't require thermal vision. 

For the record, I can't find the source that wiki is citing as the defence journal website is a bit broke. 

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Media Manager
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Combat Medic (1)
And even so. The public server is meant to represent the private operations to some degree as it's used as a recruiting tool. I can't recall the last time I used a thermal optic on an Op. You said that you don't like kit being banned, well what you have to remember is that kit is having a negative impact on the majority of people's gameplay. Honestly, if I had my way, I would reduce the armoury to just BAF and RHS gear as logistically from a command point of view, it makes it a lot easier to manage, and also better realism. 

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
yeh i just typed in list of british army equipment not sure where i found it. as i said earlier i only came into the game a few months ago so i just used what i found in the armoury as i thought that was ok perhaps it would be good if someone did a list of what you guys prefare we use.
Would a marksman in a unit not be a kind of special unit and have access to different stuff i dont know.

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
does that not limit ppls choice a lot taking the rest of the gear out. i can see your point though logistically all having the same stuff makes it easier to manage support but does it not also make it a bit boring all only having access to a small amount of the same equipment

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Media Manager
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Combat Medic (1)
Well, if you want statistics on Marksman roles, they're not very special at all. The minimum requirement in a Royal Marine section is to have three section members proficient in the L129A1 (BAF DMR). So it's quite an interchangeable role. The only thing a marksmans gets in a section is a 6x scope instead of a 4x and a higher caliber rifle. Most don't even get rangefinders, that's still for the SL. 

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I think if the kit worked like in real life it would be less polarising. But in Arma TI or "Super Thermal Vision" is basically just a huge advantage can those of using it that we used to ban it on sight. Or at least take the serious piss out of people for using it as it genuinely removes any challenge at all in spotting or killing anything hat moves.

If everyone was using it In a specific Speciiaal Forces op then I guess it's ok. But just kinda kills the game for 90% of people who are looking for a challenge.

Steve. I used it too when I started playing with 3cb in 2012 (A2!) but quickly realised kill counts were pretty meaningless and boring when TI was involved.

Be retro and go KITE sight. Much more fun whilst still pretty uber vs regular sights :-)

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Media Manager
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Combat Medic (1)
Steve wrote:
does that not limit ppls choice a lot taking the rest of the gear out. i can see your point though logistically all having the same stuff makes it easier to manage support but does it not also make it a bit boring all only having access to a small amount of the same equipment

I'd like to think the primary source of enjoyment from our server is the actual missions and teamwork rather than how nice they look in the armoury screen. And I mean, when you join a MilSim public server, people should expect a MilSim play style which usually means the same kit. Really, the current state of our armoury is no different to that of an invade and annex server (Domination Server) which to me is a shame. It's because of all the mix of kit of people in sections that I don't enjoy public as much as I used to, but that's me. 

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
lol yep that sounds like the British army absolute basics, Oh well ill get used to the fact they going only prob now i gotta find something else to annoy sean with have to get out the big green space gun again hehe.

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
i can see what you mean i gotta get in the mindset its a military sim not a game i'll get used to it eventually

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Personally I play on the 3cb server as I want a BAF milsim experience I feel like that would be better accomplished if the equipment selection was limited to that if the BAF mods. 

+ New Topic + Post Reply