6 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)

Realism and Team-work

Yep, I agree with 1 and a little on 2 also.

I almost always only take gear related to the slot which I've taken in MP lobby, but I'm a rarity it seems. However, it's the public server and I think the only way for it to work is if all 3CB members agree with the principle and lead by example so the pubbies feel obliged to do the same. However, I don't think everyone will agree; people love their mods and over-powered weaponry/thermal scopes too much to restrict themselves voluntarily. That's why I like official Op's, because we become a TEAM that needs each other.

Red/green squares - we obviously need some way of pointing out where objectives are so perhaps squares are necessary. We did play A2 insurgency for a while where the grids never changed colour even when clear, but I'm not sure people liked it so we reverted to red->green. "There is nothing new under the sun" ie. things like this have been discussed and tried in the dim and distant past so us oldies have experience of what worked and what didn't. Not to say we can't try alternatives again though, just saying, been there done that.

St Hud - totally agree with Haaaaaarfagr, it gives back some lost SA which we would otherwise have in real life, and is indispensable in making game play more fun. Without it, it's harder than in real life and I wouldn't equate more realism with more fun, necessarily. The new version of @st_hud from Shacktac now has a menu allowing clients to switch it off, turn off the compass markers or just leave the names, so it can be adjusted to suit each players requirements.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:48 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Really good thinking Impakt... Not sure I know how to script it but I can ask.. Still not sure it answers what we know players need - i.e. something to go do... e.g. clear this grid.. we've tried them without markers on before and it's just a little lame to be honest. It doesn't flow. You never have a feeling of accomplishing anything .

SJ

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:49 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Impakt wrote:
I was thinking script something so that someone carrying that token gets flagged as allowed to see sector color.  I'd have it as advanced GPS or something linked to satellites or drone operator ("that guy" with thermal sight made redundant, bye bye), so that the normal GPS can still be used.  

Could maybe make sector color update as slow as it would take drone operator(s) etc to scan and confirm.

We tried this with only section leaders able to see grids. Doesn't work too well on the public with random slots being taken.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
"Patrol Ops" does kind of what you are refering to.

I'll take another look at it.

Yeah Whip's right about the medical limitation system - it's a little flakey for the moment.

SJ

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Don't get me started on Xmed! I'm still getting killed stone dead on first shot with immediate respawn, each and every time on the public. Have reinstalled @x-stuff too and Userconfig's, no joy.
But I LOVE Sahrani, fantastic map.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
New map up tonight... 20x20km vs middle eastern forces :) You'll like it

+ New Topic + Post Reply