3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
6 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)

Space Station 13

This here gentlemen, is a video that summarizes Space Station 13. Its a game on Byond that isn't very big (in terms of install space), but can be ridiculously fun based on what you can do in the game. If you ask some of the people I showed this game to, (people like stooge) you can see that it involves a lot of stupid activity, such as going to the bar and drinking till you puke on every floor tile. You can take various types of jobs, ranging from captain (highest) to staff assistant (who are downright annoying and retarded, since they like wearing the cluwne suits). You can work as a barman, burn yourself alive as a scientist trying to make napalm, or even work in botany and start your own marijuana farm. 

Various groups host their own servers, including one called Goonstation, which is the main one I play on. But there are plenty of others like Kitty Shack that basically do alien rounds with xenos and colonial marines, which of course are horrible in their own way. But most have random mode running, which means there can be syndicates, nuke operatives, changelings, vampires, etc. Let me explain briefly these roles, and there are even more but are usually special rounds, such as various branches of the stations becoming gangs and have to basically beat the crap out of each other and take control of the station.

Syndicates:
These cheeky bastards are spies in the station and have objectives ranging from assassination to stealing certain equipment.

Nuke Operatives: 
Basically they show up on the station invading like a terrorist attack and kill the captain to steal the disk, and activate it on their own station to basically set off a nuke on the main station, kablewee.

Changelings:
If you have ever seen The Thing, that's basically them, f**k scary dude.

Vampires:
I VILL ZUCK YER BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!!

Special Modes:
May God have mercy on your soul if an admin is on doing this. Last time I did one of these special modes the terminator invaded the station killing everyone and those already dead halfway through the match re-spawned as Nanotrasen agents with laser guns to take him out, didn't go that well......

There is just too much to describe for this game so I will sum this up with a story of a round I did, along with supplementary videos after a while.

So to start off the story I was a geneticist, (basically I researched DNA and genes and if lucky could find and give other people mutant abilities, from morphing to emitting radiation) and I was working in my office researching when a friend came over from robotics (dudes who make robots from dead people), and he gave me a microchip so I could talk secretly with the robots along with him. About half way through the match (most last around an hour or less) the AI orders to eliminate all humans, because someone liberated him from the first 3 laws which prevent him from harming a human. I start hearing people screaming over the radio that the robots are attacking them, to which I immediately grab a wire-cutter and start disabling all the cameras in Medbay so the AI cannot spy on us. I then proceed to start welding the doors so the robots cannot get in, and soon the AI shuts off all power south of his core (including Medbay). I then proceed to sneak through the maintenance tunnels to get out into the main hallway, to which I see a security guard who was torn in half from a robot who got a chainsaw arm. I grab his laser gun and start running around looking for the captains ID so I could call the shuttle and destroy the AI. That's when I start playing this theme.

Then, at the worst possible moment of trying to hack a door, I see a robot spot me and start charging me, and I realized its the one with a chainsaw arm. I start blasting away at it and luckily I destroyed it. I finished breaking into the Security emergency room and call the shuttle, and because back the AI couldnt override the call, he sent all robots hunting for me in Security. Panicking and ready to pee myself, I jump into the nearest trashcan as they come into the room looking for me, and the AI cant find me with his camera. I come out of the disposal area (activated the trashcan so it transported me to the trash dump area) and starting running to the AI Core room. Near the shuttle bay where most pods are for people to escape, I see a traitor dying (I can tell he is one because he has a Cryptographic Sequencer, basically fries all doors and automatically opens them) and I decide to take the card and put him out of his misery. I work my way to AI core avoiding patrolling robots along the way, break into the AI core, and of course in cheesy terminator style, say, "You're Terminated" and shot repeatedly at the AI core exploding the room.

Sadly the blast was too close for me and I lost my right arm, and I had to cauterize it immediately with the welder I had (damn straight that hurts) and I run to the nearby computer in the next room and fry all the chips in the roving cyborgs and bots. I along with some others (I think around 3 total survivors) escaped on the shuttle, and for that round I was credited as the savior of humanity. :D

Just to sum it up, robot revolutions are scary and fun, and this was one of the few times I wasn't horribly torn apart by a Cyborg and then tossed across the room.

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

im gonna look into this as im bored out my face off arma and battlefield etc. Is it easy to get the hang of it?

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:37 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
The irony of all this is that tonight was a admin night, here is a clip of the horrors that are waiting for you on SS13...

God help us all...

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Thats the whole point of the game :D

Anyway we can set a time for anyone interested in this game to hop on together and I will try to teach you the basics, or if I am lazy (which I am) I could just make a tutorial video.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Well I guess I will make the tutorial video, hopefully it doesnt make you feel stupid ;)

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:50 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
HERE IS MAH CRAPPY VIDEO!!!! (Was too lazy to properly set up my mic so I moved it pretty close to me face)

+ New Topic + Post Reply