3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Altis Invade & Annex ( The forgotten War )

16 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:27 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Why not create a slot for MadShepherd as Official Photog for our missions.... we can get him in a playable Civilian slot and let him move around as he pleases - doing the Journo thing.....

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:05 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Well I figured you would have joined us by now if you wanted to run around as a Marine.... :-)

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Technically this is not Invade & Annex, but it is Fitting the category the most. I was playing today on a german community event and the mission was on Altis.

As you can see, the german community really does like straight lines....

Lines when walking to a helo.

Lines when waiting to mount a helo.
.Image

And of course when walking.

It is moments like those, which make you realize you can be glad you dont have to play in the german community. :)

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:19 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Wow uber-organised... :-)

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
I agree in general. The weird thing is that most normal german players dont even like that and are annoyed by armchair generals too. The problem is that there is a complete lack of successful german clans that are more relaxed and even close to something like we have here. Most german clans are either 150% super serious or fourteen year old kids.

Especially in the past the german community also had the issue that there was no functional hub for the community. There were two pages from which one was very old and a pain to use and the software was so outdated that nobody wanted to use it and it was pretty much dead content and activity wise. The other one was the most toxic forum I have ever seen in my life. The most used thread over there is the "I hate ArmA 3 thread" and the forum is filled with people that complain how s**t arma 3 is and also are extremely hostile against towards new people.

1-2 months afo a new german community hub was made and it at least has a modern design and doesnt use a outdated software and they are not hostile at everybody else. They have a own public server with only a few mods (to make it easier for beginners) like cba, tfa, ace3 and the rhs mods and the try to organize gameplay events and I decided to check it out yesterday. The highest peak was 21 players and it wasnt a completly horrible experience. I got a bit annoyed be the often stupid decision to walk in a single file every damn time and by the fact the german community tends to play a bit slow (even when you cant afford to be slow) and in the end some somebody from my buddy team and myself decided to try to push (when it was important) which pissed our SL a bit of. The SL however had no good standing for us anyway. He showed a mix of arrogance, unfriendliness mixed with a good portion of incompetence. :)

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:06 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Another thing seems to be that they dont like ideas that are not their own and that could actually work.

Right now they have a bit of a weird system for gearing up. You start with standard loadout for your class which is fine. If you want customize it in any way you have to go to some chest and load predefined loadouts from a chest over the scroll menu. I suggested putting in a whitelist/blacklist arsenal because it is more user friendly and actually allows better customization while making sure a machine gunner stays a machine gunner. Right now everyone can go to the chest and load let's say a loadout with a rocket launcher regardless of their class. They pretty much want fixed loadouts for classes but are for some reasons completly against using a arsenal. Probably because it is something they did not code or whatever. :|

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply