+ New Topic + Post Reply

Help - Joystick/Hotas recommendations?

13 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Jamster wrote:
LessThanDave wrote:
Yeah. I believe they've been bought out by madcatz and the quality has suffered

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

They where, but Logitech just bought it off them. Everything I've ever bought off Logitech has been pretty good, hopefully that happens now with the Saitek HOTAS'.

That's nice info.

Logitech haven't made a new joystick for years. I had a Wingman Extreme 3D, the first one with twist grip, back in 1999.

It was crap. Logitech have come a long way since then. Let's hope they give Saitek the kick up the backside they need.

It's about time someone made a collective stick for choppers too. One that doesn't cost over a grand.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Throttle an collective are 2 completely different things, for a full on flight sim you'd actually need both

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (3)
I use an X-55 for DCS, Its pretty good quality, although not in the same league as the Warthog. I can fly and operate the A10 using just HOTAS. I use the twistgrip for a rudder in a fixed wing but you really will need pedals for rotary ( I had the thrustmasters but in the end stuck with using my Fanatec clubsport racing pedals (not as good but saved the faff of swapping my desk all about whenever I wanted to play) they do the job ok.

I started off with a cheapo black widow stick that barely did the job, but as mentioned above , It was woefully lacking in the button dept. I love DCS, hope you enjoy it!

+ New Topic + Post Reply