3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

The Story of a Nickname

14 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Didn't really have that many Internet, or outside, nicknames to go by really. Just a couple mock names because of my first name, all in light heart and whatnot.

Most of the time, if not always, I now go by Sanders. Seems appropriate, considering it's my actual surname. Getting indepth, though, everyone I knew called me by my surname rather than my first. Mainly because when I was younger people couldn't pronounce my firstname (Rhys) and tended to always pronounce it as "Rice" or "Rayes" and it just stuck to Sanders after that. School didn't help because I played a lot of footie and rugby, with a great big Sanders on my back, and the fact that I joined the ACF as soon as I could. Adding to the fact that near to no one actually knew my firstname during Harrogate, respectively as none of us knew each others name.

Used to go by Colonel too, because KFC. Again, a mock nickname which stuck for a year or two.

Gasmask was another, which stuck for a couple years. This first came up during selection when we was joking about the TGT for phase 1, and when I got back from pirbright I just changed my steam name to that because I liked the sound lol.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Parker wrote:
Do tell... thats a real good point.. what is everyones real name

Leon 3CB

Sir

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
The story of my name is I was born with it and it stuck to me. PogChamp FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Sleepingbag,  because i can fall asleep anywhere any time and i always look like im just awake. not much use for stagging on or sitting in a CP.

Real name is Robert but i dont think anyone actually calls me by it except my parents.

+ New Topic + Post Reply