3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
7 posts in this topic
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 am     Super secret spam barrier

Extra Mod's

Hi all,
I play on the public server with you guys and love it.

Can I ask if any of you have looked into the following mod's

Advanced Urban Rappelling ( link )
Enhanced Movement ( link )

I have run with both of these mods before and they are actually very good. Allowing the player to climb obstacles with ease (ie climbing on top of tin huts and even climbing up certain walls). Rappelling down from high structures is very good. Have to ensure it is clear as it puts you in the open.

The only bug I found was with Enhanced Movement, which was that you were unable to use its features if you had a launcher on your back. Due to the physics with your body not being able to jump and bend with it on your back. But the climbing still worked.

Just wondering if you have ever taken a look into them.

Also, I was on yesterday and noticed that there is an issue with the sling loading on ACE where it has a tendency to de sync and break the lines. Well there is a mod called Advanced Sling loading which I have tried and doesn't have this issue (well didn't show itself). We have had players in the vehicle being slung as well and it was awesome. We had a damaged medical truck which was our spawn. Our huron came to us, hooked us up and lifted us to a repair truck back at base. Gave us a chance to rearm as well. Actually used a guy on a quad bike as a bomb (lol) but that was an end of the night bit of fun.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
We have looked at urban rappelling in the past and it is not really needed.

Enhanced Movement is active on the public server. The mod changed a bit and you cant just magically climb everything if you have a lot of gear on your back. If you are too heavy you cant climb on or over certain objects.

The "sling break" is a problem with ArmA 3 itself and we cant fix that. 

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:12 am     Super secret spam barrier

Hi Mefirst,
 thank you for the response.

I didn't know Enhanced Movement was active on the server as I have not been able to use it or seen anyone else use it.

Once again, thank you for the response. You can delete this topic if you wish.

Burbonizer out!

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:14 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Kodak Commander (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Weapons Operator (1)
You'll find on the public, if you've got a backback on you're often too heavy to climb stuff. Try using the ACE feature to drop your backpack then pick it up on the other side again.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:15 am     Super secret spam barrier

How would you pick it up from the other side, if you dropped it on the other side of the wall?

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
ArmA 3 magic :)

Even it should not work, you can pick it up through the fence. 

Otherwise you can climb over the wall. Do what you want to do behind the wall and pick it up later, 

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:17 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Take a little care when finding a key binding for Enhanced movement.  It's a two stage process.  Set up a key bind for a custom user action, then tell enhanced movement (press escape and its bottom right) which custom user action you're using.

Some people like to use CTRL-V, but it you do, then first unbind this from ACE climb.    Otherwise ACE climb takes priority and you'll not be able to use enhanced movement.  Other people use CTRL-C, and this usually works without having to touch other key binds.

We have it set so that your weight effects how high you can climb.  So if you've a GPMG gunner with belts of ammo and a full backpack, don't expect to climb over anything higher than a garden fence !!

In the past we have used advanced repelling, but it was removed when we ran into server stability issues, about 9 months ago.  There are no current plans to re-introduce it.

+ New Topic + Post Reply