3CB BAF Units V 3.0
Lifetap has just confirmed he's pushed V3.0 of our Units mod out to release
Significantly changed from the previous iteration it now uses our own 3CB_Equipment and 3CB_Weapons mods packs. The Units mod is a mission friendly set of pre-configured sections, Fireteams, and groups of realistically modelled, attired and equipped Marines and Army Infantry units. We will be using this as our core units pack moving forward.
Well done to the Mod team !
Quote from Bis Forums https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174740-3cb-baf-units/?p=2897727VERSION 3.0 of BAF Units
This mod now fully utilises our 3CB BAF Equipment and BAF Weapons packs.
With over 100 units and a multitude of pre-built infantry Sections to choose from, it is easy to create whole Company sized formations for your missions. Not only that, but every Troop or Platoon will look unique, thanks to an automatic randomisation routine which equips each infantry-man in gear suitable to his role from the wide choice of kit available.
If the @Ace3 mod is detected then load-outs are automatically reconfigured to use additional Ace items, including medical supplies, earplugs, map tools and other specialised pieces of equipment. So although @Ace3 is not required to run, these units are fully compatible with it.
Although we at '3CB' are a milsim Royal Marines Commando group, we have also provided the full range of units in generic 'Army' MTP too (without Royal Marine markings) for our friends in the ArmA community to enjoy.
Individual Units are available with Bergens (backpacks) to suit the deployment type - take the light Bergens on short "Day Patrols", or for longer yomps over multiple days, select the "Overnight" option with the heavy Bergens, which include the full kit of bedrolls, sleeping mats, entrenching tools etc.
Pre-configured Groups are provided to assist mission makers with placing realistic infantry Sections on the battlefield.
They come in several different configurations, representing the variety of weaponry available in the mod pack, and reflecting the often customised nature of gear found on Operations.
- Fire Teams A, B and C consist of 4 men each
- Sections A, B and C are close combat infantry squads of 8 men
- The Manoeuvre Support Section are armed with heavier weaponry, moving to engage the enemy in support of the close combat Sections
- The Fire Support Group provide heavy fire power from longer range and are intended to be used dismounted from vehicles which carry their static weapons or ammunition stores of choice
- HQ Section represents the Troop (Platoon) or Company command element, being composed of Officers, Signaller and JTAC/FAC
An Editor module ('3CB BAF Unit Configuration') is provided for mission designers, allowing control of certain aspects of the equipment, such as whether gear randomisation is applied, what happens to gear on respawn, whether NVG's, GPS or Frags are available, weapon safety status and auto-replacement of magnified scopes with reflex sights. Change Log
Fully updated to use the 3CB BAF Equipment and 3CB BAF Weapons mods
- added @3cb_baf_equipment requirement
- added @cba_a3 requirement
- removed @cup requirement
- removed @stkr_bi requirement
- removed @asdg_jr requirement
- removed uniforms/vests/helmets, all now referenced from @3cb_baf_equipment
- added Point Man unit
- added Recruit unit
- added Rifleman AT ILAW unit
- added Sharpshooter unit
- added Crewman MTP and RTR units
- added Helicopter Crew and Medic units
- added Sniper L82/L115 units
- added Spotter L85/L129 units
- added Gunner Static Weapon unit
- expanded groups to include "Day Patrol" or "Overnight" gear choice
- increased the number of Sections and Fire Teams to choose from, with a variety of weaponry
- added Manoeuvre Support Sections
- added Fire Support Groups
- added HQ Sections
- added Sentry groups
- changed class names of @Alive factions
- added Editor module ('3CB BAF Unit Configuration')