3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
11 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:53 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)

Rising Storm 2

After some painful waiting, I finally got lucky and ended up in the closed beta. Chances to get in are still relatively small at the moment.  Right now you have more or less a 1% chance to get randomly selected for the beta. The game itself feels pretty good already. At the moment you will see a lot of placeholders, but the gameplay itself feels pretty good. It does feel a bit more responsive in comparison to RO2/RS1, but they certainly not dumbed their game down.

You can still sign up for the beta, but the chance to get picked low at the moment. 
http://risingstormgame.com/

They hand out keys at events like E3, PAX, etc, so this would be one good way to get in. They also have some streamers that have keys to give away. So you could probably try to get one over them. There will also be a open beta near the release (no release date yet). 

Trailers:

I also put a video together from my very first round. 

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
The music was something I added. There is in-game music, but I disables it because I want to focus on more important sounds. :)

I don't think the current soundtrack features original songs from the era (so expensive), but it does follow the same style. The main menu music is from Creedence Clearwater Revival, but I think that is the only original song in the game atm.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:13 am     Super secret spam barrier

Closed Beta now available to anyone who pre-orders the game (on discount for 22.49$), gets a random key, or has been signed up from the first wave. Game is pretty awesome, although community are apparently, with the pre-order thing, now filled with people who never played RO or RO2 but saw the discount on steam.
Major complaint I have are: some maps such as Hue city have spawn killers like 5 meters from the spawn, and SLs are not dedicated slots anymore, so good luck getting coordinates from more than 2 SLs. RPGs are apparently IR Guided now, way too accurate, even when Im up 100ft and going 100 knots swerving every which way. Also game feels a too chaotic at times. I ahve played thus far 6 full games and only once have I even gotten close to the last 2 objectives as attackers who I believe is only the US, defenders have a very big advantage. Also, I wish rockets from the Cobra would do a bit more damage. Other than that and a few that I'm just not going to say here to spare you from a full game review, To make this game really work though is the community of the past RO and RS, currently community is filled with what I like to call "discount gamers", who probably saw a "realistic, HD, Vietnam FPS" and thought it was like COD.

It's a good game. 8.5/10

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Just played a couple of rounds and it sure was nice.

I like it that you simply become an SL now by opening up a Squad. It kind of prevents other bad habits of the series. People often just picked SL to get the "better" weapons. Now you usually get people who actually want to play SL. Teamplay was alright so far and it certainly helps if you communicate with your squad or with your team in general. Especially if you play SL or TL. The level of teamplay and cooperation is usually depending on the server. So if you find a good server, you can usually count on having a certain degree of teamplay.

RPG's are not IR guided, but they have pretty much no drop and that makes it pretty easy to shoot helos down. Also remember that the NVA TL has the anti air ability and those rockets are more or less fire and forget (unless you fly really low). 

Hue City is still a bit unbalanced and it is still likely that the americans do not manage to capture C. But I am sure they will continue to balance this map. 

RO has always been a bit "chaotic" and it is what a lot of people like about the game. It is unlikely that 1-2 players will dominate and decide a match, just because they are better at shooting people. Individual players have less of an impact on the game with the exception of SL's and the TL. A good TL with 1-2 decent SL's can carry a bad team. 

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Moon on a stick, but I'd like to see some Aussie troops with SLR's.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:10 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Yeah, RPGs are not IR guided, was just a metaphor as to their accuracy.

"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Anyone down for some open beta gameplay just let me know!

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
When does the open beta start? The closed beta was pretty fun and I might consider getting this.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Sanders wrote:
When does the open beta start? The closed beta was pretty fun and I might consider getting this.
Right now! Been out for 3 hours.

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:05 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
The open beta ends today, but they also announced the release date which is 30.05.17. This is much earlier as I expected. 

+ New Topic + Post Reply