3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
2 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)

East Versus West: A 3CB Game (OOC/Sign Up Thread)

The year is 1980, and the Cold War has started to grow hot. Just one year ago, the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan to support the local communist government, there is a guerilla war in Nicaragua between the Sandinistas and Contras (along with a multitude of other insurgencies in South America), and the aggressive policies enacted by the newly elected US President Ronald Reagan have escalated the arms race between the US and USSR.

Will the United States or the Soviet Union come out on top of this arms race? Will the Cold War turn hot, and tanks roll over the Fulda Gap? Or will there be a third world player that emerges? Only time will tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY HEY HEY, ITS BIG MACKEREL!!!! Its another fantastic derpy nation game thread due to popular demand (not held hostage or anything).so heres how the game goes (as I copypasta from a previous game).

INSTRUCTIONS

For now I will be the only admin of the game, but may need to appoint more if necessary (and if there are any volunteers). I will use a random generator to determine the outcome of events, and I will approve of actions you make, not in relations with each other, but world affecting events such as a Russian Peacekeeping force being deployed to Serbia, or the United States invading Iraq. Once again, I will try to keep it in a realistic context, so rebels probably wont beat off a professional army in the African jungle. But players in the nation game of course can negotiate and interact with one another, whether trying to stop WWIII on the United Nations Security Council or making treaties/investments with one another.

This game will follow RULES similar to last time which is as follows:

- I will be the head admin of the game. Most actions taken by nations must be approved by me before anything is formally declared (Such as forming an alliance).For an action to finally be recognized as occurring, it must be posted on the forums (see examples below).

- When a nation is declared, take a realistic course of action that is not absurd, such as deciding to nuke your enemies because "F errything I cool", such behavior will not be tolerated.

- A variation not seen in the previous game threads will be international prestige for the US and USSR. This involves actions such as brinkmanship (think Cuban Missile Crisis, pushing until one side backs down or war is declared) and spreading influence around the world towards your side.This can usually be changed by dialogue and conflict between the two parties, such as sending military troops to mexico, and the US protesting the action and threatening to take force if the soviet military advisers do not leave immediately. Based on whether your side was victorious or backed down either through back channels or public insult, international prestige can either go up or down for your faction, and can determine whether 3rd world countries who are watching the events unfold decide to side towards you (and establish friendly relations), feel intimated and more willing to negotiate, or take your side less seriously as you could not stand up for yourself on the world stage.

- Nations not taken by players will be roleplayed by myself.

- This is the OOC/Sign Up thread, questions and nation selection will be posted here, no applications, asking questions, or comments/remarks will be placed on the game thread, it is meant to be read by outsiders and any unacceptable behavior may be removed.

- Unless approved by Admin, only 3CB members (Marine and up) may apply for a nation without question, recruit and below must be approved due to the possibility of a person leaving the group or being inactive on forum.

- The countries colored in on the map are recommended for dedicated players, other countries may be taken by more inexperienced players or those who want a smaller role in the political game that is this nation game thread.

- Any military or covert action must be done through the Admin (and or moderator) because we will use a custom variation of dice rolls to come up with outcomes.

- This world is run following a turn system, in which when major action is taken by most of the main players, time will progress. I will use a 4 period system to cover a year (Think of it like seasonal turns from Total War) to progress the years. A major action is declared when a country posts an action, and if no other major actions are to take place, write END at the end of your post. Turns will be advanced by the post by the Admin of events occurring in the world and actions taken by players that will affect other nations. 

Rules are subject to change at Admins discretion, and players will be informed of any changes that may occur.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now below you will see a map, I filled out some of the countries with colors, because they may be taken quickly, and I would personally recommend someone taking control of them. Nations not under control of other players will still interact, but think of it like me acting out the role of the AI in ArmA.

Here is a map of the world in 1980, and below a map of conflict zones, I will fill the blank map in as players decide to join.

Here will be the guidelines below for selecting a nation.

EXAMPLE

Name: Canada
Head of State: Queen Elizabeth II
Head of Government:Brian Mulroney
Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Population:27,945,000
Capital: Ottawa
Largest City: Toronto

Economic Status: Good

Domestic
Internal Events:
-The city of Quebec is undergoing riots due to the shortage of propane this winter.

Internal Problems:
- National Debt rising
- Educational Level decreasing due to poorly thought out policies

Military
(For this section fill out what you know, and research if possible)

Army:

Air Force:

Navy:

Alliances/Agreements/Pacts/Trade:

It is perfectly reasonable if it is not entirely accurate, you can give general equipment and basic numbers, no need for the total count of every tank in the US arsenal in 1980.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some basic stuff stuff you may want to know as well about messaging other players:

To United Kingdom
From Canada

We wish purchase 30 Centurions to add to our arsenal

(The message above I made up is a specific statement that anyone is allowed to see, but if you want to address the world, just replace To ______ with General Statement)

If the message is secret such as back hand deals, it would look like this

To North Korea
From United States
*Secret*
If you are willing to disband your nuclear program, we may be able to offer some gold in exchange to bring value to your currency, what do you say?

(The message above is what you would see for a super sneaky message, but if you forget to put that, it could be counted against you as someone intercepting your plans or whatever)

I know its a bit of information to fill out, but 1, we will see how many wanna do this, and 2 because its first claims just state your claim on a nation then fill out the information as best as you can.

Protip: Nuclear Exchange = Game Over

TAKE NOTE: CLAIMING A NATION TO PLAY HAS A 24 HOUR LIMIT, IF YOU DO NOT POST A CLAIM BY THAT TIME ANYONE ELSE IS FREE TO PICK YOUR CHOICE!

Economic Chart System:
Great, Good, Moderate, Bad, Poor, Horrible

Players:

And for examples for new players, here is a couple of links to the older threads so you have a general idea of what this game is.
https://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1850

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4896&p=48082#p48082

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)

what?

(besides, this game is oriented for playing an actual nation, not terrorist organizations. Now that im actually back from vacation I can run this game, so expect a game thread to pop up in a few days once I organize some nation confirmation posts)

+ New Topic + Post Reply