3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
7 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier

For Honor (With a U)

Any thoughts on this game. Personally I found it fantastic on the Open Beta except for, well, Ubisoft.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Pretty bad.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:49 am     Super secret spam barrier

(When I said fantastic I meant the combat itself, although a little more creativity in melee combat could do this game some good), but the lack of content it seems will bring this game down. 60$ for your normal multiplayer and single player for this is not worth it. It is basically a medieval Rainbow Six Siege, just with singleplayer. Even the menu is kind of the same. And with that you also have the community's reluctance to buy anything from Ubisoft as well.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:12 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
The combat is not that great, The game pretends to have a combat system that is much deeper as it actually is. After all it is very static and you cant do that much. In the end it is just about repeating some combos, or mashing X to constantly "guard break". Another issue is the P2P system. In a game where you need to press the right button in a microsecond, you cant really afford a sloppy latency. Stuff that works against bots, will very often not work against human players., not because you do something wrong, but because of the p2p connection. So yeah, combat is very static and moving around or actually dodging is not really a part of combat.

To this day, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy has probably the best "sword fighting" in multiplayer and that game does´n't even have active blocking. :)

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Mefirst wrote:
The combat is not that great, The game pretends to have a combat system that is much deeper as it actually is. After all it is very static and you cant do that much. In the end it is just about repeating some combos, or mashing X to constantly "guard break". Another issue is the P2P system. In a game where you need to press the right button in a microsecond, you cant really afford a sloppy latency. Stuff that works against bots, will very often not work against human players., not because you do something wrong, but because of the p2p connection. So yeah, combat is very static and moving around or actually dodging is not really a part of combat.

To this day, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy has probably the best "sword fighting" in multiplayer and that game does´n't even have active blocking. :)

Id word the start a bit different. The combat is great, but is also bland. It's the same combat you see from other games like it, but it's newer in the sense of making it look more real, so I agree with that, and that's why I said it needs more creativity instead of re-using the same stuff and techniques seen in many other games. I 100% agree with the dodging, I find myself never actually using it, just block after block. About the net connection, I personally didn't find a problem playing at 150ms, but it could be different for others.

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:01 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Some fun facts about the game.

• Player base on the pc has already dropped by 50%. It is normal that the player base drops a bit after the release, but 50% is quite a lot.
• A German gaming magazine (PC Games) has calculated the maximum amount of real money you could in theory spend in for Honor. This includes the base game, season pass and all the other things that you could buy. Right now you can (in theory) spend 957€.
• Netcode is still crap.
• Guard Break to win.  

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
I with you on most of what you posted, MeFirst mate

But the "guard break to win" is b***ocks. I played the closed beta for a bit and it was piss easy to stop a guardbreak.

That one lad from Essex.

+ New Topic + Post Reply