3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
22 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)

Titanfall 2

Titanfall 2 is a surprisingly good game, especially when you take a look at the single-player mode. The story is no masterpiece, but pleasantly simple or in other words focused. It also does something that a lot of other stories in video games should do, which is not taking itself too seriously. Also the single-player actually makes good and *gasp* creative use if it's gameplay mechanics and movement options like wall running and double jumping. The only thing I would criticize about the single-player is that it is a bit too short. But at least it is not artificially stretched.

When it comes to the multiplayer mode, I am also surprised in a positive way. I was pretty disappointed with the first game, but the developers actually appear to have made some good notes from titanfall and and the titanfall 2 beta and changed some things from the better. The result is a engaging fast paced shooter with interesting weapons and Titans, which actually allow you to play in a different styles. Balance is also pretty much on point, while some people argue that one specific Titan is a bit too good at the moment (Tone). Third pleasant surprise that this is a game published by EA, but it does not include a season pass or any other paid DLC. EA released a lot of statements in the last weeks about the game and it appears they actually do want to make Titanfall a brand that will last for a while. So I guess they are actually interested in more of a long term plan.

The game costs 69€ at the moment, but I would not be surprised if a sale is on the way around Christmas. The single-player was nice and I enjoy myself quite a lot in multiplayer too. The only downside is that it is at the moment hard to find people to play CTF with. :(

Obligatory media stuff:

Single-player stuff

Some personal videos I made during multiplayer. First video is a bit choppy. :(

About an hour of multiplayer.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (3) Leadership (1)
Operation Medal (4)
I've been meaning to check this out, a few of my mates play it online but I haven't given it a go yet.
It's 33% off in the UK at the moment, so I might grab it this weekend

TLS_Cud

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Kodak Commander (1) Zeus Operations (3)
Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (4)
Played with Mefirst last night, was really good fun

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:14 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
FYI cd keys have it for 29.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Parker wrote:
FYI cd keys have it for 29.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Titanfall will have a free weekend this week. I doubt that anyone here has "Origin Access", but they can play for free tomorrow. Everybody else will be able to play it from Friday until Sunday.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:23 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Also one of the new cosmetic nose arts you will be able to buy should be in Benzy's interest.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Game is now also on discount and costs 39,99€ on Origin. If you fancy G2A, it cost's 31,99€ there.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
There is a incoming update in the pipeline for TF2. One new game mode with two new maps for it, another map for the coliseum mode and also some improvements to the UI and the mixtape system. So I thought I start playing this again and it is still fun. I also dug out one of my favorite weapons in the game which is a semi-auto assault rifle. Still a bit rusty, but here and there are some glimpses of decent play. :)

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Game is still pretty good. It's sad that they got pretty much abused by EA to steal some sales from CoD and so they released it together with BF1. While the game is certainly not perfect, I still consider it one of the best FPS around, if you are looking for a game where you get rewarded for good movement and "being a good player". 

They recently brought a new game mode into the game with two new maps for it. The game mode is called Live Fire and it is pretty nice. You play 6vs6 with no Titans and a round lasts for 60 seconds. You either win by eliminating the the enemy team, or by holding a flag at the end of a match. If you are dead, you stay dead till the end of a round. The team that wins five rounds wins a match. 

Have a trailer for the game mode.

And some gameplay footage from me.

Bagel and me are playing, would be nice to get some more people in the game. It still has a good singleplayer btw. 

+ New Topic + Post Reply