3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
25 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)

Escape from Tarkov

Not a lot is known about the game yet, but it looks decent and interesting.

Quote:
Escape from Tarkov is the hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov have sparkled massive panic; local population flees the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, “savage” Tarkov locals - Scavs flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go any length to have their way, including murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.

So yeah, looks like Stalker meets DayZ without Zombies. If they focus their gameplay (unlike DayZ) it count be interesting.

However I am a bit sceptical. I have never heard or seen anything from the developers and It looks like you can get bonus stuff for money in the game like a bigger "stash" while the game is not going to be f2p. Wouldnt totally be suprised if it ends up as a pay2win game.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
I want it to be good, I hope it will be because I actually do want to play this game. Shouldn't expect much from Russian devs though.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:17 am     Super secret spam barrier

Seen loads of 'next big thing' from russian devs fizzle out once money has changed hands or the inevitable hackers infest the place.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:39 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Looks fantastic, but I've got to echo Sanders and Robbie's caution though.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Please dont be crap.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:29 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
NullJeager wrote:
Quote:
Not a lot is known about the game yet, but it looks decent and interesting.

However I am a bit sceptical. I have never heard or seen anything from the developers and It looks like you can get bonus stuff for money in the game like a bigger "stash" while the game is not going to be f2p. Wouldnt totally be suprised if it ends up as a pay2win game.

I've been tracking this game for a long time, it's been under the radar for ages.  Some of the guys who worked on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series are working on this and well, it's been looking great from day one, the only thing is the model they use when it is released.  P2W will be a bitch, though if it is done right and we can run around as a group of mercs, trying to escape, mowing whatever we see down and looting the crap out of it, that will be fun.

Just keeping my eye on it still and hoping it turns out good.

The involvement with Stalker is extremely exaggerated. Only two guys from the entire team of the game were actually (more or less) invovled with the development team from Stalker.

The latest info about a sort of PvP Arena sounds pretty fun. It will be pretty much gladiator fights and when you die in the Arena you loose everything. :)

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:12 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Site Admin
Server Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Closed Alpha is out, the first NDA's are lifted.
Did anyone here played it already?

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:23 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
I did not spend 79€ to get alpha access.:)

Also the alpha has been out for a while, they just started another phase a week ago in which they get more and more people in. They sold packages that gave you "the chance to get alpha access" and those people are getting in now in waves.

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Leadership (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (2)
I have been playing it, not bad game play. 

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Got into the alpha, but NDA is still active, so I cant give you really any info about it. :(

+ New Topic + Post Reply