3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
5 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Public Server Responsibilities of Players

I know the public server is there for the purpose of fun first of all.

However, the mission makers put up sign posts so that all new joiners to the server can go over to those boards, and check to see what radio frequencies they need to be on for the role they have taken.

On the subject of roles, if you're new to server it is highly recommended that you take section slots to get a feel for the dynamic of 3CB. It is my understanding that those section roles are meant to emulate what it would be like on one of our ops with in a section be it a relaxed pace.

Furthermore, it maybe fun to go in a tank, take mortar and 1-0 (to name a few) , but you have to understand those roles in order to one enjoy them and two support your friendly units on the ground.

On a side note we're all playing for to have fun with other people, so feel free to ask those people for help don't be afraid it was new to all of us at one stage or another.

This is not personnel jab at anyone and I apologise if the points with in this post have been misconstrued.

Regards

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Absolutely agree with you. For every new person, I heavily stress out not to take any mission critical roles for at least a week or two, or until they feel comfortable, not only for them, but for the sake of everyone playing along. There should be something about this is in an accessible place where everyone can read and not ignore, at least in my opinion. God knows without ReV the first day here what would have happened to me!

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Mission Designer (1) Public Regular (1)
Just to explain what I as part of zulu were doing on the public tonight.

We were taking a less aggressive approach to how we were dealing with contacts. For the most part we were only suppressing any infantry we came across, unless we were specifically asked to eliminate. And we generally only suppressed infantry that were actively engaging our own troops. Hostile tanks and infantry with rpgs were cleared to be killed on sight from the get go. I've been on both sides of armour assets rolling in a blitzing an entire objective before the friendly sections get there and it's just not fun. So I hope that the guys on the ground tonight didn't feel like we were overdoing it. It was mentioned a few times that an abrams was overkill for the map. Maybe, but I felt like we did a decent job at keeping it balanced, even if that meant less targets for us to shoot at.

General consensus from the other guys in zulu was that we enjoyed our time on the server tonight, but would genuinely like to know if anyone feels like we made their experience worse by being there.

Sláinte 

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Quote:
This is not personnel jab at anyone and I apologise if the points with in this post have been misconstrued.

It wasn't pointing the finger kinda post. I thoroughly enjoyed coordinating with Zulu myself.

The post was there just as a informal reminder for players that are joining the public server.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Mission Designer (1) Public Regular (1)
Apologies Shimmer, I didn't mean it like that either :) I completely understand it wasn't a finger pointing thing, it's just that this post went up right after we jumped off the public tonight and maybe some of the people that took issue with how we were operating would notice it looking for somewhere to direct their grievances, see my reply giving the explanation, and hopefully understand what was going on.

+ New Topic + Post Reply