Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
The REDFOR mission has been taken out of rotation semi-permanently, as it is broken.  

It is not a mission that is supported by the public mission team.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 am     Super secret spam barrier

Well, I guess we're back where we started.. Logistics, Logistics, and more Logistics! We're going to have to find a way around them I guess. Find a way to add MBT's to rotation using only minimal effort in a way that will not hinder primary projects going on while still keeping the fun and balance of gameplay. Found the new Mission Impossible.

P.S.: Of course MBTs aren't needed, but you know, tanks! If we can find a way to do what has been mentioned above, no harm done is there?

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Warren, it might be worth reflecting on what is 3CB before pursuing this future.  

The hint is in the title, we're not a mech or armoured unit.  Our primary focus is Troop level infantry combat.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Lifetap wrote:
Warren, it might be worth reflecting on what is 3CB before pursuing this future.  

The hint is in the title, we're not a mech or armoured unit.  Our primary focus is Troop level infantry combat.
Yeah i'm well aware of that, but improving upon mechanized/armored assets does no harm does it? I mean, i'm not saying this should be your main focus what so ever, in fact, as you mentioned, troop level infantry combat is, and you guys are doing an absolutely splendid job on it, hats off to the entire mod team, however, improving support assets for the troop level infantry can further increase the fun and immersion of the already fantastic missions, but again, doing so not as our main objective, but improving on it in wherever possible if and only if it can be done easily without taking away the main focus of this group and without hindering your main projects. That is only the point I am trying to make, not to change the entire focus of this group. All I am trying to do is find a way for people to enjoy their experience, and this topic in particular spawned from when I played as Zulu, which was fantastic, but which I felt could be made even better, therefore, this!

Been a good discussion, hopefully, if there is ever a time when the mod team is free (and from what i've heard is never!), hopefully you can look at secondary topics such as this to improve the gameplay.

Last edited by WarrenSkip on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:29 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
There are no plans to update the current missions at this time to include an MBT.

If you wish to create one and submit it for approval, feel free, but it will need to match current standards and you will be responsible for maintaining it.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
On a mission that is running 24/7, any mechanized/armoured asset has the potential to harm and detract from the game-play/enjoyment of motorised/foot units.  Yes, there can be interesting scenarios when they are combined, as has already been discussed in this thread.  However, mechanized/armoured assets are easily abused and thus ruin the core game-play experience.  We cannot police the servers 24/7 hence why these assets are rarely seen (being spawned and supervised by a Zeus).  This situation is unlikely to change.  

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Well, there are always going to be 2 sides to everything. Anyways, good luck to you all, and have fun. I think there is no need to pursue this further as basically all points have been covered. Will be excited to see what you guys have been working on next. 

"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Clearly you've had a very different few months on the public server from me. I'm fairly sure most people here would agree that seeing random people off in 3-troop either solo or with 1-2 others is a semi-regular occurrence. 

As I'd expect to see exactly this behaviour on a roughly fortnightly basis (minimum), that's why my response was tempered with such caution.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Nick Seafort wrote:
Clearly you've had a very different few months on the public server from me. I'm fairly sure most people here would agree that seeing random people off in 3-troop either solo or with 1-2 others is a semi-regular occurrence. 

As I'd expect to see exactly this behaviour on a roughly fortnightly basis (minimum), that's why my response was tempered with such caution.
Apparently so. My experience has been nothing but positive. Guess it has to do with the timezone :D Maybe later hours when it's late for me, things go wild or something.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:33 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Media Team (1)
Ribbon Team (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I thought The REDFOR mission was removed from the rota because this is a British unit, . Oh well, live and learn. 

My head is on a swivel, I just left the WD-40 at home.

+ New Topic + Post Reply