3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
32 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:21 am     Super secret spam barrier

Armored Vehicles

Will other armored vehicles (IFVs, tanks) be ever added to the public server for Zulu to use? Yesterday I played as Zulu with 2 others, and it was an absolute blast, but we ran into about a tank and the 30mm AP-T shells were barely doing everything, eventually requiring over 60+ rounds for disabling the tank (not destroying), and had we ran into even 1 more tank (we ran into 4 more, but they were abandoned), I doubt we could have done anything. So my question is, will actual tanks be added for Zulu for use in the public server? If so, will a Challenger tank be added to the modset?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (1)
Leopard tanks (AAF) are notoriously hard to kill from my experience. We had 3 in a town that each took multiple hits from AT to disable. Had we had javelins it might have been different. I believe the mod team may give you an answer of "yes" to your question, but the answer to a question of when is also likely to be "yes"... ;-)

Slightly odd, talks to pixels.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:44 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Kodak Commander (1) Zeus Operations (3)
Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (4)
I'd say that the Warrior isn't designed to be a tank killer, and for gameplay purposes, is there to support the infantry rather than being a one vehicle army. The infantry is far better equipped to take on tank threats, so should be the ones doing so. Tanks in Arma, especially the Challenger can be extremely overpowered, so completely eradicate any form of balance and would spoil the experience of the infantry.

Yes

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
DangerousDiz wrote:
Leopard tanks (AAF) are notoriously hard to kill from my experience. We had 3 in a town that each took multiple hits from AT to disable. Had we had javelins it might have been different. I believe the mod team may give you an answer of "yes" to your question, but the answer to a question of when is also likely to be "yes"... ;-)

The Vanilla Leopard is "not that hard" to kill. But that does not mean, you can fire a NLAW at it, hit it in the front and expect it to blow up. I did some damage testing a while ago. Some German ArmA 3 players were complaining that especially the RHS tanks were OP. I did some testing and shot various tanks with the 3CB Javelin, Vanilla NLAW and a RHS AT-4 (AT). The Vanilla and RHS Tanks were pretty much all in line and behaved normally. The funny thing is that the only tank that you could consider OP, was the Leopard 2 from them Bundeswehr Mod. The irony is that some of the German players said that they will not use RHS, because they think that their tanks are OP. :)

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:41 am     Super secret spam barrier

There are good sides to both arguments, but if possible, a straight answer. Are tanks a possibility or being considered to be added for the Zulu slot in the near future, either replacing or having as an option on maps? We could always use US equipment and pretend it's Lend-Lease for the time being :D

Last edited by WarrenSkip on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
T-90A's and a few a couple SPG's are options for zulu to use in Scofer's Russian public map

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 am     Super secret spam barrier

Sanders wrote:
T-90A's and a few a couple SPG's are options for zulu to use in Scofer's Russian public map
Depends on who we are fighting against. If it is the Americans, it's a must, because the last time the Russian mission was on like 5 months ago, everyone got hammered by US Tanks and AA, one example I can remember is when about 2 sections and a fire team on our side went in, everyone died except me and another guy who was knocked out anyways, and any attempt by Whisky to come support, immediately shot down by AA. If we aren't fighting the Americans, but let's say Taliban, then i'd recommend an old Russian tank, maybe a T-55, T-72s, or as you mentioned SPG's (not aware of any in our modset, would like to know the type), or a BMP I guess, although I prefer the former.

Last edited by WarrenSkip on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Jdownward wrote:
Atm there is no British tanks that are balanced for gameplay and I guess you where using the Warrior, remember that is used as a "infantry fighting" vehicle. Going against tanks ain't going to end well.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Well we kind of ran into the tank in a way that was at the time unavoidable, and we couldn't really run either, so we took our chances, and it worked at the expense of all our AP munitions.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (1) Donator (1)
Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Operation Medal (4)
We could add American Abrams to certain missions if there was enough demand from players.

My YouTube Channel
All my content is available with the CC BY 4.0 license.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Just a reminder that it is the decision of the creator of a mission, if he is putting something like tanks etc. inside one. 

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply