Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:21 pm
Not Attending (0)

4 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)

Public Action: 07.01.16 - 19:00 GMT

Quote:
NOTE: TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION, THIS IS A 'GET TOGETHER' FOR PLAYING THE PUBLIC. NUMBERS MAY VARY.

Who can Play
Open to all guests/public players and 3CB Members. 

Slot Reservation
Since this is "just" a get together for the public server, there is no real slot reservation. However, we strongly encourage players to step forward when it comes to roles like section commanders, troop commander, forward air controller etc. The best way to do this is to post in this thread and name the role you want to play in the public action.

Mission 
Winter Chernarus

Server Info
Server
: Public
IP: 144.76.162.200, Port: 2362
Modset: Public Server Modset

Map: Winter Chernarus
JIP: ENABLED 
Medical: Ace3, public server settings
Lives: Public Server settings 
View: Public Server settings (3rd person enabled)

Times
Public Server Restart:   7:00 GMT

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (1) Donator (1)
Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Operation Medal (4)
might pop in if the mood catches me.

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:34 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Media Manager
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Media Man (1) Recruiter (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Training Team (1)
Kodak Commander (1) Man of the match (1) Mission Designer (2)
Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
TvT (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Combat Medic (1)
 I mean, although JD said it bluntly, I think it's important to recognise why Public Events/Actions were initially created, according to Jamsters post. From what I can gather, these are meant to be an event as such where people get together and play in a more serious style of gameplay, which would be similar to 3CB. It's for the public to feel like they're in 3CB by experiencing how we may operate without being in 3CB. 

This is hard to achieve if a small amount of people see th event. So maybe it's an idea to post this on the Wednesday where the public mission is rotated. The earlier the better, within reason. 

I just feel that in the past couple of public actions, they haven't achieved what they were intended to achieve. Don't take this as me having a go, just some advice from someone who loves playing public with lots of people. 

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:08 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Everyone is free to make announce a public action by the way. Also I still feel that some people put their own interpretation in and forget the actual one.

Quote:
NOTE: TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION, THIS IS A 'GET TOGETHER' FOR PLAYING THE PUBLIC. NUMBERS MAY VARY.

This means that there is technical no difference to jumping on the public server right now. There is set roles, there is no specifically designed scenario etc. That also means that the numbers can and will vary. In the last couple of weeks, people were obviously busy with Christmas and all that in between the years stuff. I would say that the numbers will improve in the next weeks.

The earlier, the better sounds nice on paper but experience shows that it does not work like that here. If you post something earlier than 1-2 days, people are  prone to forget about  it. You would need to constantly remind people about it and considering this is "just" a get together it would not exactly worth the effort and you will annoy some people with constant reminders for something like that.

The good thing is that higher numbers and "better" gameplay are completely in the hands of the players in public actions. If people want more organized gameplay outside operations and events, they are free to takes roles and actions that have a chance to improve it. There is nothing to stop players from making that happen. But people should always be aware that public actions do not have any extra rules and the normal public server rules apply. So you have to live with things that somebody in a section will not use the gear and kit you would like him to use etc.

+ New Topic + Post Reply